Air Compressors

Now that I FINALLY have electric in my garage (WOOHOO!) I'm getting
down and dirty on looking for a compressor.

I found 2 @ Lowe's w/ the following specs:

80 gal, 1 stage, 4.5 HP, 155psi, 16.1psi @ 40cfm, 14psi @ 90cfm, $699

80 gal, 2 stage, 5.2 HP, 175psi, 17.5psi @ 40 cfm, 15.8psi @ 90 cfm, $899

The sticker on both units say they will adequately run all air tools.

Granted these are the first 2 units I've looked @, but not knowing
alot about compressors, is it worth spending the extra $200 on the 2
stage unit?

I do want to do sand blasting and run air sanders, etc. School me please!!!

Bill M