Re: poly question

Don,

Are you sure it was a 1268? I was looking at the KB piston listings and they don't have a 1268 listed. Do you know what the piston was supposed to fit into? Was it an overbore size or standard?

Thanks,
Greg

Don Dulmage wrote:
Someone asked me about the pistons and deck height on the poly build (360 crank in 318 poly block) my friend Wager was doing as i watched over his shoulder. He picked most of the parts hisself and seemed to have it figiured out so you may have been surpised that i didnt know of the top of my head but i am encouraging folks who i used to do work for to become more independant since i wont be around forever and i want to play a bit myself on my senor Dagster project (1962 Slant six ). The Piston he choose was a Silvolite 1268 and he measured deck height with the 360 crank machined and installed in the early 318 block at .007". He used compression distand comparisions form the stock piston to the new one and cacluatated what his deck hieghgt should be. he must have been payning attention because it worked out perfect.
Don
Author of
Return to Deutschland (True Adventure)
Old Reliable (Mopar)