Re: Interior woes

I sent parts to Layson's to be repaired, including dash bezel, steering wheel and the plastic dome lite bezel. The dash and dome lite they told me the cost up front. The steering wheel would have to be looked at to estimate a repair cost. Was it expensive? Yes, very. Was the workmanship good ? I would also say very good. Did it take awhile for the parts to be returned to me? Yeah, sure did. Any problems? Yeah, my dome lite bezel got lost somewhere. I called Layson's asking were it was and they said they had no recollection of ever receiving it So, I kissed that piece goodby and started the process of finding another. Well, about 5 or6 months later here comes a package from Layson's with a re- chromed dome bezel and a note saying sorry that they couldn't find mine and for the delay and everything, but here was a nice shiny bezel. No charge. I dealt with a lot of different outfits and people while rebuilding my car. By and far most were friendly and very helpful and informative, even the guy from Mr. G's. There was a certain aluminum anodiser in Sandy Or. that was a real jerk and I would never recommend him to anyone, but he was the only one. I think we have to remember that there are only so many people that have these products and do these repairs to a limited clientele. They are expensive and take a lot of time, so you can't be in any big hurry. This doesn't mean people can't be held accountable and they should be. But what it boils down to is that we participate in a very expensive hobby with limited parts and pieces ( especially Mopars ). Just time and $$$. But that's easy for me to say now that my car is done. DavidFrom: "Robert (UK)" <r.lane@xxxxxxxxxx>
To: <1962to1965mopars@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Wednesday, October 17, 2007 12:33 AM
Subject: RE: Interior woes

Thanks Gary, sound advice.
Good point about the weatherstrip poss being A body - I was thinking it
should be ok to exchange for a correct piece. We'll see...
I'll get on to Legendary too.

Robert
England

Gary H. wrote:

Too bad about the hassles. It sounds like Laysons may have sent you an A

body weatherstrip.

Personally I do not understand any vendor not working with a customer in

this limited-sized-market. The part you have is new and they could sell
it again, after all.

You may have better success with Legendary, should you decide to. They
have a decent reputation on service, afaik; they may want to know the
stitch sewer used the wrong thread, too.

Gary H.

----

----