Re: Parting out Mopars?

For the Formula S, if parting it out,

If it has Disc brake option, definitely Lower Control Arms, Spindles,
Calipers, backing plate, proportioning valve, master cylindar, the whole
scha-bang.
HD Drum setup on front could be sell-able to someone that has th 9"
drums.
Upper Control Arms
Sway Bar
V-8 Center Link

Rear-end would sell at most swap meets.
Driveline - Maybe
Any sheet metal that is salvage-able.
Bumpers
Glass
Window Regulators
Interior, including all chrome and Dash
A-body pedals for clutch/brake

Of course, like you mentioned
273 & 4-speed as well as shifter and linkage
Steering Column, Steering Box, PowerSteering setup with brackets (if it
has it)
Radiator & Shroud (if it has one)
13" Stainless wiper blades and arms.
Antenna and base.
Mirrors

On Thu, 18 Oct 2007 01:04:08 +0000, "Gary H." <62to65mopar@xxxxxxxxxxx>
said:

> Hi all,
>
> What are your thoughts on parting out car? What to keep for saving /
> selling and what to toss?
>
> I?m thinking the front fenders, hood, deck lid, bumpers, grill,
> instrument cluster, steering wheel, lenses, and wiring harness, steering
> box, maybe engine (if big block), trans, 8.75 chunk (peg leg) are
> keepers.
>
> I know it depends on the car (a Sport Fury vs a 4 door Fury, for
> example).
>
> Some stuff has NO market, I guess. For example, I have 4 doors with
> glass from a ?64 Plymouth that I parted out 5 years ago. I?ve tried to
> sell them for next to nothing but never got any hint of takers. I guess
> I?ll pull the non-metal stuff for the dump and pile the metal for a
> scrap-steel scale.
>
> I don?t think there is a market for interior stuff, like 4 door seats.
>
> Candidates: A ?63 Dodge 440 4 door, 318 AT, that was hit in the back,
> but could be fixed pretty easily; a ?65 Barracuda ?S? very  rusty, 4
> speed 273, that I already started parting out; a 1962 Fury 4 door that
> rolled. I also have a ?62 Dart 440 2 door HT that is mostly complete
> (wrong 318) but very rusty; and a ?64 Dodge truck I?ve been half-trying
> to sell, but may just part out.
>
> Thoughts appreciated.
>
> Thanks,
> Gary H.
>

> ----
> directly to that person.  I.e., send parts/car transactions and
> negotiations as well as other personal messages only to the intended
> recipient, not to the Clubhouse public address. This practice will
> protect your privacy, reduce the total volume of mail and fine tune the
> content signal to Mopar topic.  Thanks!

'65 Dart GT 'vert
Tom Watters

--