Re: Parting out Mopars?

things  worth pulling to sell:
- fenders.  they are light, and straight rust free ones sell for $175-250
@ shows.
- inst. clusters and all wiring harnesses.  these sell well on eBay.
- exterior trim and grilles,  these sell well on eBay.
- bumpers if they are super straight.

deck lids, doors, and hoods are difficult to move about and they are
heavy. they generally don't do that well @ shows unless they are
67-72 muscle car hoods,  or e-body..  some 69-72 B-body stuff does
well too.  for 63-65 B-body stuff I'd be happy to get $50 a piece
of any of these,, but they are a pain to load and unload.

62 body stuff is pretty uncommon and unique, I think all that stuff,
if its solid is worth pulling and carting about...
craigslist+youshipit  can be good for selling big sheetmetal items.

If 1/4s are good they are worth cutting out with a recip saw.
cowls are worth snagging for sure if they are rust free..

steering boxes and columns don't sell @ shows...  maybe online.

- heater & AC boxes:  I've had mixed luck with these.  one problem
is that the B-body AC boxes are super heavy yet have fragile
components,,  difficult to package.  I have called SMS a week before
Carlisle to ask them what cores they are looking for, and then
carried up those cores (hinges, AC,heat boxes,etc) specifically to
sell to them for gas/beer money...

stuff that's nearly worthless to pull (unless it for your own
stash..):  front and rear suspension,  K-member, tapered axle
rears.  roofs (though a man in need will look hi and lo...)
worthless to pull: 3-spd manuals & bellhousings!  318's, 273's,
worthless to pull: 318's, 273's, 361's..  its too bad, but engines
are a b!tch to deal with..  unless you've got a buyer in mind..
(I do strip the engine of brackets, B/RB water pump housings,
and B/RB heads).

auto transmissions are beginning to be of value as cores.
B/RB 727s... you know...
LA/904s...  depends..  Ball-trunion not so much...
slant six 904s:  I'll sometimes pull some stuff of them to get down to
the aluminum case to recycle.

glass is a PIA,, I built a glass rack under the house for my own
stash.  for convertibles...  always get the convertible-centric stuff,
incl. the glass.

The best thing you can do while parting out a car is to bag your
fasteners.... one bag for under hood stuff (non-engine), one bag
for  interior screws,  etc...  and  keep it!  labeled well...

----