Old Shifter B &M

Long ago in the early seventies we built a series of 440 powered cars in my old Power Tune Up shop. We used a floor monted shifter. it was a gate type and had different plates you screwed to the top depending on the trans type and shift pattern (ie torqueflight normal and torqueflight reverse pattern.) The handle was not real thick , about 1/8 steel i think and the shifter was spring loaded. I think it was B&M but it might have been Hurst . it is my favourite all time shifter. Never once not ever did we ever have a problem with these shifters. They were simple to the point of being almost too simple but they worked flawless. Now as I near the end of my slant 6 dragster project. i want a similar shifter. trouble is I can remember the name or brand. We bought these during the mid seventies. I think they were the shifter before the Quicksliver came out. Anybody out there in 62 to 64 Mopar land remember these shifters and can refresh my memory?
I am also getting a ot of encouragement to put a small trailer hitch on m 63 Dodge and get a small trailer to tow my nostalgia 6 cyl dragster. the guys all think it would  look just right but I dont know. the car is already drilled for an algonquin style hitch . The idea that it would look good is not lost on me. I am just not sure i want a hitch on my car.
Don
Author of
Return to Deutschland (True Adventure)
Old Reliable (Mopar)