short fiber grease

anybody ever used this stuff?? I used  it  to pack my front hubs, its
called Sta-Lube heavy duty drum brake  grease, they call it "short
fiber". Its seems much heavier and stickier than the old black stuff,
but it makes adjustment of bearing load and the right "feel"
difficult.  It feels like i have the bearings adjusted too tight but i
used the same procedure as in the past . I  really believe its the
grease and not the greaser.
 neal zimmerman, eugene oregon