Re: Disc brakes.

Ok, here's my .02 worth on figuring out your brake issue.  There are 2
separate issues from what I have heard: difficult pedal action, and
poor stopping ability.  That could indicate multiple problems, and
since you bled them very well, we should look at other things.

Besides being difficult to stop, what happens when you lock up the
brakes?  Do the fronts lock first for the rears?  If the rears are
locking, its possible your front discs are not engaging fully,
preventing full braking power.  You would need to check adjustment on
your prop valve, to lessen the amount being sent to the rear.

Something else stuck in my head--you used a master cylinder from a
disc/disc car.  Unless you put a residual pressure valve on the rear
drums, or replaced the rear wheel cylinders with modern ones, the rear
drums are not getting the residual pressure they need for energizing.

Master Cylinder: the bore size people are talking about is really an
issue.  later model cars have 15/16" bore master cylinders for power
brakes that allow the pedal to travel further which would let you
modulate it more.  The same amount of pressure if required, but you
have more travel to apply it in.  Conversely, some of the manual brake
master cylinders for E body cars or the aluminum MP master cylinder
can be as large as 1 1/16.  Unless you are running 13" or larger
rotors, this would probably be more pressure than most people want.

That's where I would start looking, hope it helps Bill!

MJ