Re: What I meant to ask...

I do not believe ANY max wedge exhaust manifolds on
ANY (well, maybe a tube chassis special construction
would be an exception) factory produced frame/chassis
will allow the brake booster to be mounted. My
standard brake master( for front disk
conversion)cylinder has about 1/2" clearance WITHOUT
BOOSTER...and "cooking the fluid" is a consideration.
The factory used a heat shield to prevent this...and
supposedly the "maxies" were short duration, straight
line run beasts only "back in the day"... street or
highway use can only increase the "cooking time".

I have power steering on my '63 Fury 'vert 440 based
Max wedge clone. Everything fits (76 block w/'63 p/s
pump...single groove pulley on '63 forged 413 crank).
The stock power steering hose MUST BE RESTRAINED and
tied back ( to the battery box...sort'a ugly) to
prevent cooking on the manifolds...and check the oil
before you go...after "warm up" asbestos gloves are
required to get at the dip stick...same for the trans
mission dip stick/filler tube. I finally have
purchased a flexible tube dip stick that mounts on the
fire wall or such for the transmission ('63 727) but
have not installed it yet...I hope that will solve the
"burned fingers" part of general maintence checks when
having fun.

 I also have restrained and "rerouted" the stock
heater hoses to prevent melt down...I have not found
the ultra expensive max wedge heater hoses for
sale...mine sort'a lay on top of the drivers side
valve cover between the side/bottom of the intake
/carbs. I check during/after every ride for "meltdown"
indications, but have found none yet.

Ask more questions when you need to know something
about these wonderful beasts...without the guys here,
I could have never gotten it done.

Bob Fortson

--- aaremea5@xxxxxxxx wrote:

> What I meant to ask was will max wedge exhaust
> manifolds work on a 62
> dart/polara with power brake booster? I don't know
> if it was an option
> with the max wedge or not.          Alex
>

> ----
> Please address private mail -- mail of interest to
> only one person -- directly to that person.  I.e.,
> send parts/car transactions and negotiations as well
> as other personal messages only to the intended
> recipient, not to the Clubhouse public address. This
> practice will protect your privacy, reduce the total
> volume of mail and fine tune the content signal to
> Mopar topic.  Thanks!

Sponsored Link

Mortgage rates near 39yr lows.
$420k for $1,399/mo. Calculate new payment!
www.LowerMyBills.com/lre

----

bSONJP.