Poly project 65 Canadian Fury

Well we are now deep into the Poly project. Crank is made and trial fitted . We have been playing with pistons to find what we think is the best of the shelf sustitute, Settled on Silvolite 1278s  Still require a bit of machining to clear the 360 crank set up but I took care of all that yesterday and it wasnt too bad a deal. We are trying to get the weights as close to the stock 360 stuff as possible. GW doesnt want to rebalance it unless we have to. He and i also want to see if we can come up with a drop in, anyone can do it, combo without breaking the bank. His 65 Canadian Fury goes to the body shop at the end of the month. i think we may have the block done or close by then, We had a cam made special for this project  which is a STREET machine not a race car. It has a 57 Fury  2X4 intake with a pair of old AFBs . He has a good start on his headers. Car is a 3 speed standard. He has changed it from "three on the tree" to "three by the knee." I think it is going to be a fun cruiser and will work bettter than most expect. It is coming together well. We will try to take pics along the way. This is a 3.58 stroke combo so we are interested to see how it stacks up. Gary P has set the standard, that is for sure! Mostly we just want it to drive great , make lots of power and last forever.  Idle should be similar to 70s performance engines (340 383 magnum 440 magnum etc.) with peak power around 5200/5300.
Don
Author of
Return to Deutschland (True Adventure)
Old Reliable (Mopar)