To: <1962to1965mopars@>
Sent: Sunday, November 05, 2006 3:52 AM
Subject: compression test on 318

I ran a compresssion test on the 318 that I salvaged out my parts car.
As I said a few days ago I was told it was running when parked 2+ years
ago.  I shot a little oil into each of the cylinders and ran my test.
The results were sad.  #1=50, #3=30, #5=30, #7=30, #2=35, #4=5, #6=20,
#8=0.  When I pulled the plugs none were heavily coated with carbon or
exceptionally black and sooty.  They looked to me to be pretty typical
for an engine of that vintage w/70K+ miles on it.  This is a solid
lifter engine, right?  Which would eliminate lifters that had bled down.
Could it be some stuck valves, or am I in denial?

Paul L.

Plyguy
'63 Sport Fury
440/727