Advice on Poly

I have a ?63, 318 Poly, 2bbl. & matching 727 that I?m thinking about
selling.  These came out of a parts car, which was supposedly running
when parked (I was told the brakes had gone bad).  But since I have no
way of verifying this I would like to at least be able to provide a
little info to prospective buyers.
I have the combo sitting on a pallet and I would like to be able to
crank it so I can check compression.  So my question is this.  I should
be able to connect a cable from battery (-) to the block and a second
one from battery (+) to the large terminal on the starter solenoid.
Then by completing the circuit between the small and large terminals on
the solenoid it should crank, right?   This engine has not run for at
least 2 years and probably longer.  I?ll shoot a little oil into the
cylinders before cranking just to be safe.
Is there anything else I might be able to check to satisfy other
questions a buyer might have?

Plyguy
'63 Sport Fury
440/727