converter, modified Eddy 750 , 426 Wedge logo screensaver

converter, modified Eddy 750 , 426 Wedge logo screensaver

No it will not sound like the trans is slipping. Any who have my video can see it pulling away and get a good idea of what it feels like.
First question is how do you keep a 440 down to 400hp! ;>)
It will work. Now for mild engines and low buck well built cars i have used the Mopar economy converters but I find the 175K is about the minimum I want to use (they call it race but it is not. it is mild street.) I have two 383s out there running this . both with mild RB cams and they are both happy. No doubt a Dynamic would be much better but it is a very reasonable alternative for a mild setup and street use.  Both cars have a RB hydraulic  510 lift  , 10 to 1 compression, ported heads , with big intakes , stock exhausts (452 castings,) Edelbrock perfomer intakes. One a 68 dart has a 750 Eddy carb , the other a 68 coronet has a 3310 Holley. Both are real nice working cars and get a lot of street driving , It seems to me both have over 3 years driving on them now. A month ago the cornet guy came up to me at a cruise in and gave me an envelope with a 50 dollar voucher for one of our best local restaurants. i take that to mean he is still happy after three years.
That gives you a reasonable alternative but get the highest number regardless of what the catalog says.
If gold is not an issue then go with the Dynamic. It is that much better.
Am working on a modified Eddy 750 project. Race type (hot street) carb. Have the choke removed and cut of the horn, radiused the entry, removed the crosshaft for the choke from the seconadaries and made a resin drop in radius plate to smooth secondary entry and cover the area where the secondary weights are. So far it looks good. (early pic available)Also am converting it to dual feed. Want to try it on my 426 MW and see how it works. I made a mold and can pop the drop in plates out i think with ease. Am now tweekng if bit by bit and will a make a final mold later. Intersting project and i am learning all the time.
Also have a 426 wedge screensaver with my new 426 Wedge logo. I used Polaroid Photomate to do it. I would share it if i knew how. Anyone know how to share a screen saver program? I am not very good with the computer. It is like Listerine to me. "I hate it but I use it"
Don
Author of
Return to Deutschland (True Adventure)
Old Reliable (Mopar)