RE: Off year Coronet question

[AD removed for archives]
caaedmqbOyW3Na/PC PowerScan

Just to add: the engine codes (5th digit) got shuffled around between 66
and 67. In 67 the 318 Poly was replaced by the LA-318, the 361 was
dropped and replaced by the 383 2bbl. and the 440 Magnum/Super Cammando
was added to the B body.

So the codes for 1966 B bodies are:
B-225
D-273
E-318 Poly
F-361
G-383 4-bbl
H-426 Hemi

For 1967 the B body codes are:
B-225
D-273
F-318 LA
G-383 2-bbl
H-383 4-bbl
J-426 Hemi
L-440

I'm not positive about the Coronet but all 1966 Chargers, including the
318 Poly, came with 8.75 rears and 727 automatics and inside hood
releases. The hood release was dropped in 67.

Dan

Bill Watson wrote:

> Decoding the VIN,  WH23E6512**** :
>
> W - Dodge Coronet
> H - series - 440
> 2 - 2-door
> 3 - hardtop
> E - 318-cid V8 (poly)
> 6 - model year - 1966
> 5  - assembly plant - LosAngeles, CA
> 12**** - sequential number - 2*,***th car off the line
>
> "E" was used for special order six cylinder engine from 1970 through
> 1980.
> In 1966 "C" was for a special order six and "K" for a special order V8.
>
> Bill
> Vancouver, BC

[AD removed for archives]
Will Martha Trump The Donald? Vote now- which Apprentice host
will prevail?
caaedmvbOyW3Nf/Your opinion

----

bOyW3N.