Re: Oil pan engine heights

[AD removed for archives]
caaedmqbOyW3Na/PC PowerScan

Sean - I think the distance from motor mounts to the bottom of the pan  is
the same in both B and RB motors. I'm only speculatin' (I haven't  measured
one), but the timing chain set can be used on both motors, thus the cam  to crank
distance is the same on both.  The additional deck height 9.98" vs  10.725"
must then be added on above the cam.  Here's some B/RB  dimensions from their
Chassis Manual.  Joe

WIDTH                                B                R/B

Outside Valve  Cover            22.50"        23.80"
Oil Pan  Sump                       8.25"          8.25"
Stock Exhaust  Manifolds    26.25"        28.80"

LENGTH
Bellhousing face to:

Front of  Block                    23.40"        23.40"
Front of Fan  Belt                27.20"        27.20"
Front of  Fan                       32.80"        32.80"

HEIGHT
Bottom of pan to:

Top of Stock Air  Cleaner    29.70"        30.00"
Top of  Carburetor                25.50"        26.30"
Top of Valve  Cover            22.20"        23.10"
Pan Rail to Top
of Valve  Cover                    17.00"        17.70

[AD removed for archives]
So Much Television, Such Little Time!  In Love with Lost(TM) or
Devoted to Desperate Housewives(TM)? Take our premier week
survey, complete our offers, and get a FREE* DVD set of either
show!
caaeatAbOyW3Nf/Viewer Survey

----

bOyW3N.