Re: compression gauge question

[AD removed for archives]
Erase wrinkles without painful injections with Nexiderm SP.
Nexiderm SP is clinically proven to reduce wrinkles by 68% Click
here to get your 30-day free supply.
caadOvHbOyW3Na/Nexiderm

On Tue, 30 Aug 2005 01:54:09 EDT, Skagdrager@xxxxxxx said:

> In a message dated 8/29/2005 9:11:02 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
> northwestweirdo@xxxxxxxxxxx writes:
>
> engine  :225 slant six
> all cylinders read within acceptable except #1  which reads zero.
> except if u give it about 5 tries on the  fifth the needle will pop up
> to 90 pounds. then the next try  its back to zero, and so on and so
> forth.
> squirting oil in cylinder made no difference in process.
> yes  i went backwards just double check the gauge and it performed
> flawlessly on all the other cylinders.
> my guess is an  intermittent sticky valve,
> what do u guys  think?
> PS: the #1 plug is also oily and the others are  dry.
> neal zimmerman
>

> Hey, Neal.
> My late nite take is that if it's a motor in a car that's been sitting
> for  a
> while, change the oil, add a quart of ATF, and a quart of Marvel Mystery
> Oil
> and drive it around for a while. That valve might just heal itself.
> Like I said, it's late night and time for me to go to bed.
> Good luck, you wild and crazy guy!
> Paul

You might also run a can of BG44K through your fuel system to clean all
the carbon out from your valves, your combustion chamber and exhaust.  I
was amazed at the amount of carbon that came out of the engine in my
car.  It had puffs of carbon in the exhaust for a tank or two after as
it was pushing all the soot out the tailpipes.

How do the rockers and push-rods look? much wear?  Any bends?  How Much
sludge on top of the head?

--Tom
Tom
65 Dart GT 'vert
68 Plymouth 'vert
Las Vegas, NV

[AD removed for archives]
Erase wrinkles without Botox! Nexiderm SP is clinically proven to
reduce wrinkles by 68% Click here to get your 30-day free supply.
caadOvzbOyW3Nf/Nexiderm

----

bOyW3N.