Re: Headlights and bulbs

I've been using 1157's in my tail/brake lights for a long time, matter of fact I think thats what was there when I
got the car back in 88. the only problem I can see is the center of my tail light lens is starting to melt, when viewed from the inside. I got some spare lenses at the spring fling swap-meet a couple of years back and noticed that they were almost completely melted through? so I drilled those out and put blue dots in 'em. That's what's on my wagon now, so far so good.

I tried the 1157 LED's, tail light bulbs, just to see how they would look and work.
and, well, they didn't, nothin', didn't light up at all. or line up, I think was the problem? I think the contacts were
a 1/4 turn out of faze? no matter what I tried they just would not light up so I took them back to Autozone and
that was that. I've talked to other car guys since, and they also had problems with them. Have not tried other
brands, but a friend of mine had success by rewiring some LED brake light bars out of a late model caddy.

Schuyler 62 Dodge Dart 440 wagon w/ Poly 318
 <http://www.1962to1965mopar.ornocar.org/ml-wrobel62.html>