Re: 273 questions

[AD removed for archives]
Are you a lottery player?Play smarter! Improve your
odds  and detect winning patterns. Access the best
kept lottery secret on the Net. Easy to use!
caadOubbOyW3Na/Lottery Vault

Typo'd  Chrome Air-Cleaner, not Valve-cover.

On Wed, 10 Aug 2005 16:43:13 -0600, "Tom Watters"
<tomwatters@xxxxxxxxxxx> said:
> [AD removed for archives]
> Erase wrinkles without painful injections with Nexiderm SP.
> Nexiderm SP is clinically proven to reduce wrinkles by 68% Click
> here to get your 30-day free supply.
> caadOvHbVb6jBa/Nexiderm
>
> It has always been my understanding that the chrome valve-cover and the
> finned valve covers were a dress option that could be added by the
> dealer. Every '65 273 HiPo didnt necessarily come with those options
> from the factory.  "The Manual" that listed these options for '65 used
> to be on the 62to65 site.  I currently cant find it on the site.  Maybe
> Gary H knows where the link went.
>
> If the air-cleaner was added at the dealer, some dealers weren't
> specific on whether they added the Commando vs Charger air-cleaner.  For
> Example: Dustin's Barracuda came with a Charger Air-Cleaner, and my Dart
> came with the Commando Air-Cleaner.  Funny, huh.
>
> Over the years, I have seen a couple '65 Hi-Po engines that had plain
> valve covers but the chrome air-cleaner.
>
> --Tom
>
> On Wed, 10 Aug 2005 07:15:21 -0700, "Robert neal zimmerman"
> <northwestweirdo@xxxxxxxxxxx> said:
> >
> >  i belireve it was 68 when the 273 went to a hydraulic cam.
> >    there is no special hi-po head. the commando had a different cam ,
> >    higher compression pistons, dual point distributor, four barrel
> >    setup, chrome unsilenced air cleaner and special flashy valve covers.
> >   one must know that the 64-65 heads require a dedicated intake manifold
> >   for that year, different size and angled int. man. bolts.  the  64-65
> >   had the nifty closed chamber heads though. many say they were great
> >   heads, early swirl port design, so to speak. too bad i am way out here
> >   in oregon, i know where several of these motors are, one in a local
> >   junkyard.
> >    neal zimmerman, eugene oregon
> Tom
> 65 Dart GT 'vert
> 68 Plymouth 'vert
> Las Vegas, NV
>
> --
> http://www.fastmail.fm - I mean, what is it about a decent email service?
>
> [AD removed for archives]
> Ben & Jerry?s® or Häagen-Dazs®?
> Take our Nationwide Ice Cream Survey today! Receive a FREE* $100
> Restaurant Gift Card of your choice or $100 worth of Ben &
> Jerry?s® or Häagen-Dazs® ice cream for participating!
> caadOvZbVb6jBf/Ice Cream Research Survey
>
> ----
> directly to that person.  I.e., send parts/car transactions and
> negotiations as well as other personal messages only to the intended
> recipient, not to the Clubhouse public address. This practice will
> protect your privacy, reduce the total volume of mail and fine tune the
> content signal to Mopar topic.  Thanks!

Tom
65 Dart GT 'vert
68 Plymouth 'vert
Las Vegas, NV

[AD removed for archives]
Take our Nationwide Pringles Survey. Receive a Free* Restaurant
Gift card of your choice or a one year supply of Pringles
Hurry, limited time only!
caadQmnbOyW3Nf/Chip Survey

----

bOyW3N.