From: Robert neal zimmerman [mailto:northwestweirdo@xxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Friday, July 15, 2005 10:43 AM
To: 1962to1965mopars@xxxxxxxxxx
Subject: timing chain blues

well I got in to the timing case yesterday and indeed my litle 273 had a
very, very loose and floppy chain.Little suprise as the  bolt with the
hole thru it that oils the chain has been replaced with a solid one,
probably burnt out the chain maybe. I am gonna replace it.
   My question is when a timing chain is that loose, doesnt that mean
   the cam would be running  "behind" the crank?
   Could u  say in effect the cam was running " retarded"?
   AND since the distributor runs via  the cam would that mean my timing
   was also retarded?
    just trying to get my mind around this.
   neal Zimmerman, Eugene Oregon

[AD removed for archives]
Get $1,000 to spend on groceries? any way you please. Click here!
caadHlsbOyW3Nf/GrocerySpree

----

bOyW3N.