RE: A-body brakes - what to pull?

[AD removed for archives]
Need a Laptop? Get a Sony Vaio Laptop Free!
caadHlxbOyW3Na/ProductTestPanel

Hi Scott,

I pulled the front disk brakes off a 74 Dart also and found that I only
used the spindles, backing plate and the proportioning valve.  The other
parts (rotors, bearings, calipers, brake hoses and master cylinder) were
bought new.

If the parts are in really good shape, then you can reuse them.

My car does not have power brakes and was therefore an easy swap.  THe
power brake assembly on the Dart was different from my 64 Dodge.  If you
have power brakes on your car use the original booster with a new master
cylinder.

$80 to $100 is likely a good place to start.  I paid $80 Canadian ($60
US) but only used a portion of the parts I bought.  I think the master
cylinder was used only as a core.

Keep us posted.

K.

Scott Underwood wrote:

> Greetings all.
>
> Saturday I am going to pull the front disc brake setup off a '74 Dart
> Sport
> for transplanting onto my '63 330.  I believe that this is a power brake
> setup Dart Sport.
>
> Here is a link to a Mopar Action article written by Ebooger & I was
> wondering if there is anything missing from the article that I need to
> know
> regarding the pulling of the parts from the Dart Sport.
>
> http://www.moparaction.com/Tech/archive/disc-main.html
>
> Also, what is a fair price for these parts?  I am pulling them off a
> friend
> of a friend's car, and I don't think any of us have a real idea of what
> they
> are worth.  I tossed out the price of $100 for a place to start our
> price
> haggling.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Scott

Kevin R. Merkley
Thunder Bay, Ontario
64 Dodge 440 2dr HT (Cdn)

[AD removed for archives]
Erase wrinkles without painful injections with Nexiderm SP.
Nexiderm SP is clinically proven to reduce wrinkles by 68% Click
here to get your 30-day free supply.
caadHlnbOyW3Nf/Nexiderm

----

bOyW3N.