neal

[AD removed for archives]
Erase wrinkles without painful injections with Nexiderm SP.
Nexiderm SP is clinically proven to reduce wrinkles by 68% Click
here to get your 30-day free supply.
caadHlnbOyW3Na/Nexiderm

You are right about the mopar manual and its wiring diagrahm it is enough to give the Pope a headhache BUT.
They are very simple. first a 4 pin box which is an in mproved unit (will not burn out ballast resistors.)-
plugs in and works perfect on a five pin car. No need to change anything. Second. Now that we have only four pins on the box lets talk wiring.
We must supply the box with power . 12 volts so that takes care of one wire and we feed the  +t ballast also . Next we need to ground the coil to complete the circuit. Oops there goes another wire. that only leaves two and wouldnt you know it the distributor also has two wires coming out of the pickup . Now we are all done . What was so hard about that?
If i remember correctly although I have not converted a car in a few years. The point on the five pin harness supplys power , the two bottom ones  are the dist pickup wires and the one remaining is the neg coil wire (grounds coil between sparks so it can charge up. ) The other one (aka the green wire) which doesnt matter anymore since there is no pin on the box for it. It used to be the start circuit but it is no longer necessary. You can use your stock ballast resitor from you 62 to 65 Mopar that it had when itwas born with the 4 pin box. It couldnt get any simpler.
Power and coil + and ballast.
Coil neg
Two dist pickup wires.
The starter relay feeds the coil direct during starting  and that circiut is already on you car.
I may sit down and draw it out later if i feel ambitious. Throw the factory diagrahm away , it will only confuse you. (me too)
Hook it up like this. connect the two distributor leads first (that only leave two wires and two posiblitys left) (forget Semperfi, remember SIMPLIFY)
One is for the coil neg. Find hat and hook it up. Now you only have one wire left and i am sure yiu can fisnd a place for it to go. Box power and ballast .
Oh yeah , you might want to hook the other end of the ballst resistor to the coil but it you usung an original v balast and harness that is already done.

If you want a foreign deal in your motor you can use a ford reluctor. That is what MSD does different and they have mad emillions doing it.
The longer points better seperated are thought to do a better job at hi RPM although we find the Mopar dist with an LX101 Standard ignition box (about $37) to be as fast as the high dollar red or black or yellow ignitions that are out there for sale..  My favourite pastime which i have done often is converting the Ford cars to a Ford electronic with a Chrysler style box and resistor. Works far better than the blue oval deal.
Don
Author of
Return to Deutschland (True Adventure)
Old Reliable (Mopar)
http://stores.ebay.ca/Don-Dulmage-Enterprises

[AD removed for archives]
Get $1,000 to spend on groceries? any way you please. Click here!
caadHlsbOyW3Nf/GrocerySpree

----

bOyW3N.