Re: Summmit cams

Don said: >snip< "Ultrdyne has mopar specific but for
me the lifts are too high for the duration  which is
do say they do not match the reality of the iron head
engnes."

thanks for using the "for me" in your message Don.

my car is a fully dressed street car running 11.30's,
that is, all steel, full interior, crank driven
alternator and waterpump,the only difference from
cruise night is slicks. this is a true street car
which gets its share of street time!
for further drama, it is stock crank, rods and ross
flat tops, with worked 452's, simply put this engine
is really just heads and a very nasty sounding (and
performing} cam.

for me, it is hard to beat an ultradyne cam, for price
and performance. my car has had the same crane (1.5)
rockers for many years and a few different cams, but
nothing will wake up the engine like an ultradyne.

correct me if i am wrong, but the numbers for racer
brown and ultradyne are really not that different,
when you consider racer brown says that you must use
1.5/1.6 rocker ratios to get there cam to work. (1.6
translates into higher lift?)

on the other hand ultradyne designs there cam for
1.5/1.5 rockers (99% of the mopars already have these)

i have never run racer brown, if i have to replace my
rockers someday, i would likely look at them.

but you can't really compare racer brown to the
others, since the others are all designed for 1.5/1.5
(normal) rockers

tom
65 satellite

Discover Yahoo!