From: Sean Bolter <bolterman@xxxxxxxx>
To: 1962to1965mopars@xxxxxxxxxx
Subject: RE: mopar stuff
Date: Sun, 17 Apr 2005 04:03:31 +0000

[AD removed for archives]
Need a Laptop? Get a Sony Vaio Laptop Free!
caadlVAb6eGsBa/ProductTestPanel

It's a minor point, but you don't need proprietary wiring for the HEI
module.  The side that uses the "special" yellow plug simply has two
common connectors of different widths.  No, there really isn't a big
reason to go with one over the other, but the HEI allows me to dump the
ballast resistor, which is a weak point, and further clutters my
firewall.  But I understand I am rare in caring about that!

Sean Bolter

Doug Ahern wrote: > > > Both ign. systems work and to each his own. but is there a big win > for the HEI route? > > Some components are constant here... the distributor is the same and so > is the fact that you have to round up a propietary connector/wiring > either > ina junkyard or new (new availability of harness: mopar=yes, HEI=? ) > > price of ECU vs. HEI module? thats not too different. maybe $20. > The *best* ECU for the street is the Orange box. The chrome box and > the gold box are race only items. So prices for the two seem to be > the same, Mancini sells these for: > > $20 for the mancini "blue box". $43 for the Orange box. > $47 for the Orange box + lightweight dist. springs for a recurve... > > I don't know anything about the Mancini "blue box", but I bet its as > good as the Orange box. So $20 if you like blue, $43 if you like > orange. > > wiring? both the HEI and the ECU have 4 wires coming out of it. 2 go > to the distributor, 2 go elsewhere.... its the same right? > > space/weight savings? even if the HEI is smaller, you still have to > dedicate about 3x5" to it somewhere... roughly the same size as an ECU. > > So what does it come down to? and if the answer is "they are the > same, HEI its just an alternative...", well thats fine. >

[AD removed for archives]
Click Here for the #1 Investigative tool on the Net!
caadlCpb6eGsBf/Web Detective

----

[AD removed for archives]
Want a laptop? Get an Apple iBook for free! caadlVBbOyW3Nf/Amazing Computer -------------------------------------------------------------------