RE: Mopar snobs (was my 62 survivor)

[AD removed for archives]
Get a FREE* MP3 Player - yours to keep! Click Here Now!
caadeMpbOyW3Na/MP3 Player Giveaway

i have a 65 satellite, my brother a 69 super bee.
we went to a show and parked next to each other,
people either looked at mine and just glanced at his
or glanced at mine and looked at his, very few looked
at both equally.
there is a group of about 10 of us with 62-65's who
get together at a friday night cruise, a buddy of mine
calls us snobs, because we don't really pay attention
to the "newer" mopars.

how is that for a twist :-)

tom
65 satellite
www.1962to1965mopar.ornocar.com/hechtt65.html

"Gary H." <62to65mopar@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

There's also the '62 Dart factor. Maybe they were concerned the Dart
would steal the show. :)

These '62 Mopars are hardly ever seen compared to the swarm of SuperBees
or "Beep Beep" of Roadrunners, etc. that turn up at events. These are
all nice Mopars in and of themselves, no doubt.

But they are no match for drawing a crowd like a 1962 Dart. Given a row
of Chargers or one 1962 Dart, I'm off to see the Dart first. I'll check
out the Chargers later. :)

Gary H.

Jeff noted:

> Kim -
>
> I am familiar with that show because it is so darned close to me I can't
> stay away from the vendor swap meets every year. At the risk of naming
> names, they are, uhm, shall we say a LITTLE biased toward small blocks.
> Some MOPAR guys think MOPAR is the English translation for the word HEMI
> and all else is inconsequential, although a 440 six pack will get you
> honorable mention. I dropped off a (not to mention any names) Mopar
> Mailing List because you gould get endless threads on a question of the
> torque seqence for a max wedge intake, but if answered at all a question
> about a slant six would get you "why don't you get a real car?" if any.
>
> -Jeff
> Woodland Hills
> Will look for your 62 Dart

[AD removed for archives]
Need a Laptop? Get a Sony Vaio Laptop Free!
caadeMjbOgXg2f/ProductTestPanel

----