Re: 1963 Dodge 440 $4000

Very similar to the 65 440 4 Dr Sdn I bought for my daily summer driver. I enjoy driving it every time!
Mike

On 7/17/2023 7:44 PM, 62-65-mail-list-club-Gary-H wrote:
Hi all,

Not mine; I am passing along this ad a friend of mine told me about.

"Seller's Description
Unfortunately I am getting too old to work on this and would like to sell the car to someone to put some TLC into it.  Let me tell you about my car. My grandfather purchased it off the showroom floor in 1963. I remember riding in this car with him when I was 10.  When he passed my aunt had the car in her garage until I bought it from her in 2003.  It has been in my garage since then. I have put new tires on it, replaced the fuel tank and fuel pump, installed new brakes and wheel cylinders. I have installed a new carburetor and distributor cap. I also dropped the transmission and had a professional rebuild it (too far out of my comfort zone to try to rebuild). I have replaced the spark plugs and spark wires. I have had it running up and down my street (no insurance or plates so I did not go far). Currently I have the dash rolled down working on replacing some of the light bulbs in the dash and that is where I stopped.

This car has great sentimental value for me but it is time to let it go to someone who will give the love she deserves. I have $4000 invested in it so I am wanting to get my money out of it. If I need to get it put back together before I sell, I will be asking for more than that. The car is at my house in Shreveport, Louisiana if someone is interested.

The engine is a small V8.  The engine size is a 318. It is called a semi hemi since the cylinder heads are only a partial hemisphere instead of the full hemisphere.

The interior is fine. I was going to replace the carpet ($300) just because. I was going to have the interior re-done in a sea foam green with white highlights but the current seat upholstery is fine with no tears or holes."

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/662111585780753/

Thanks,
Gary H.