Possible Head gasket leak or worse

We followed my 64 Sport Fury to a car show on Sunday and I noticed what I took to be the telltale odor of antifreeze coming from exhaust. When I shut it off in my garage later. there were wisps of vapor coming from both tail pipes. Smelled them.....smelled like antifreeze. We drove the car daily in Reno for Hot August Nights and I had to add maybe quart of liquid to the radiator after 4 days in the heat.
I got a Harbor Freight antifreeze hydrocarbon tester, followed the instructions carefully; motor at temperature, radiator liquid flowing as it should with the thermostat open. The liquid in the tube never changed color. A problem I had though was that the action of the bulb being squeezed would create a vacuum in the radiator every 30 squeezes or so.

How sensitive  are these hydrocarbon antifreeze tests? At this point I'm thinking the leak isn't big enough yet or I'm chasing ghosts.

If there is a leak, I am "assuming" (yes, I know) that it's either a head gasket or a cracked head. Any other possibilities?

Any tips or advice really appreciated. Thanks/Butch