Brewers is an ocean away from me and the lathe is just up the road...

Components used: rusty camshaft from Peugeot 504, boss cut off end (hence slight lube marks in the finished spacer) and a bronze bush 3" long cut down and polished to get right ID. It only required 0.005" or so.

Ray

On Saturday, 11 June 2022 at 01:13:34 UTC+10 Bill Parker wrote:
Chuck I believe you are right that brewers has a solution or two for these issues.

On Jun 10, 2022, at 10:27 AM, chuckiiikropke <chuckii...@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Doesn't brewers sell that part but it's got a roller bearing instead of the bushing.

Chuck

Sent from my Galaxy

-------- Original message --------
From: Ray Bell <rayb...@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: 6/10/22 4:19 AM (GMT-05:00)
To: The 1962 to 1965 Mopar Mail List Clubhouse <1962to19...@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: tranny swap rebalance?

Obviously it becomes a case of those who don't really know the subject passing on wrong information all the time. Hearing about 360 engines requiring a flywheel with holes drilled in one side for balance can lead to a belief that it's the same with all engines being fitted with manual transmissions.

On the subject of the bearings which fit into that shallower recess in the back of the crank, I've been forced to look towards that by the shortness of the input spigot on the NV4500 5-speed I'm fitting to the 360 in my B350. I have made up a spacer block (see pics) into which the original size of bronze bush is fitted, but I've got a longer bush so that it goes through into the standard recess.

In the pic you'll see three threaded holes in the spacer which are there for the purpose of screwing small bolts into if I need to remove it.