Re: Herr hecht

[AD removed for archives]
Get both the PlayStation2 and Game Cube for Free! Click here to
find out how.
caac7l9a/Consumer Research

my apoligies
i certainly did not mean to come off that dramatically, i too have run a few
cams in these 440's, if you have raced for 35 years you're opinion means
something, so many times people with 10-16 cars (10 seconds when you talk to
them, 16 when they actually race it) are dishing out advice about whats best.

on the other hand one of the websites to predict times verses horsepower has
my car running 10.30's. i am just saying i don't put much stock in desktop
dyno type programs. it has gone a best of 11.32, this is full street trim, w/belt
driven fan,alt and pump.

since i have not run a racer brown,  i appreciate "real" numbers
for the comparison. and it sounds like you're numbers are real.

my love/hate comment was directed purely at mopar muscle, who does have
the job of selling their advertisers products.

tom

Don Dulmage <big-d@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I do not love or hate anyone. I ran 23 different cams in the 440 combos. No they were not all back to back peformance but with some 35 years of experience you get a good feel for what works and what does not. We did however run several of these tests in the Old Relaible motor in the same car at the same track. it doesnt matter to me what cam anyone runs except. for this.
So much of info that is and was available for us with the B Mopar motors turned out to be not the best. I spent 9 years and thousands of dollars flogging this particular combination. What i found was not what i expected.
I have this as my biggest problem.
When someone is picking a cam and they come up with a less than ideal choice I can understand that if money was the issue and they had no other choice but when a cam is available that costs the same or often less and produces 50 or 60 HP more then I guess I do not understand using that. If you took a 509 and a ST H 42 and put them side by side even physically looking at them you would never need to ask the question again. There is really that much difference.
Someone mentioned the 533 cam from MP. I have not tested this cam or run it yet but I have raced against a couple of fellows who have used it and must say it appears to be a very good cam as well. I would not be afraid to use it. I have built a few motors with the 509 and I am not real impressed with it. It is useable and everything but there is much much better available for the same money. There is a bit more about that on my website. (under 383)

Springs
The new MP springs single spring with damper that Mp now offers handle these cams and the next lift range as well, nicely. I use a lot of these new MP springs and recommend them. After that i go to 924 or 928 comp cams springs.
Just remember I am not selling parts. I have only one goal . to help as many folks as possible build a good strong Mopar engine for a REASONABLE buck. Still we live in free countries and the choice is yours.
Sorry if I came on too strong.
This I know. A 509 will not run below 12s (low 13s to hi 12s)in a full size car. A Racer Brown will run the same car mid elevens with ease. In a Duster or a body 11s would be possble if everything is A 1 but still the Racer B cam will bury it as will a Lunati Cheater Stocker Max Area grind.
Don

Author of
Return to Deutschland (True Adventure)
Old Reliable (Mopar)
http://stores.ebay.ca/Don-Dulmage-Enterprises

[AD removed for archives]
Show your pride with a free* USA T-shirt. Click here to confirm
your address.
caac48TbOgXg2f/PermissionData

----