Re: cam in my 383

[AD removed for archives]
Get a FREE* Portable Satellite Radio - yours to keep! Click Here!
caac6MKa/Portable Satellite Radio Promotion

if it is mostly strip use, go with an ultradyne, mine has a 598 lift,
263 @.50 both intake and exhaust, it is solid though, so it takes
some maintenance, i have crane rockers and have not had to adjust
them yet, about 300 to 500 miles on the road and about 50 runs last summer.
cam number NF59F8 is the number, it sounds like a very wild roller.

 the owner of ultradyne went to work for lunati
so i believe the only place you can get these is from muscle motors
if they have any left. you will need good springs for these though.

otherwise a .509 purple shaft is always a good choice for street/strip
engines without the maintenance. i have seen that cam run a 69 superbee
into the low 13's, stock except for the heads and cam.

"Ben Jr. Morgan" <polara_hotrods@xxxxxxx> wrote:

Its going to be used as a narly short stroke quarter miler in front of a four speed in my 64 dodge 330 station wagon. The machinist blew me off for the specs so I'm not going back to him. Already its got quite a bit of muscle, but doesn't touch the 440s till I get a better cam in it. It already had a forged low end and .906 heads, definitely something worth playing with. I currently have a super stock legal single plane 4bbl intake with a holley hp series 750. Like I said though, not sure what exactly the cam is, all I know is its a Delta grind with part number 276.

Schuyler - what are you planning to use the 383 for? Joe