drop that engine

[AD removed for archives]
caac2NQa/PermissionData

OK , so the idea has gone thru my mind to do some serious engine
relocation on the AWB project, since it will be a massive project anyway
why not make it a bit more massive.
     New mounts have to be fabbed anyway so I am considering flattening
     the firewall to gain a couple inches backwards and maybe dropping
     the engine lower so the injectors  could possibly stay under
 a scoop, probably a 68 SS scoop.
   Believe it or not with the 8-71 sitting on the 440 in its  stock
   location, the blower is actually under the hoodline, the hoodline
   hits about 1/2 inch above the blower.
     So my real question is about dropping the engine down  2-3 inches.
     Of course u have to think about the oil pan and fabbing a trans
     mount, but the real problem seems to be with the driveshaft angle.
     What about dragstrip behavior. I know theres a theory that the
     higher the engine is it facilitates weight transfer backwards, ala
     "gassers". Is dropping the motor lower going to hurt in this
     area???
    So theres my 2 questions for the wizards, driveshaft angle and
    weight transfer.
   Neal Zimmerman, Eugene Oregon

[AD removed for archives]
Like music?  Get a CD player on us. Click here.
caac2NUf/PermissionData

----

http:///u/?.