Garage heater

[AD removed for archives]
** Get Your Own Support-a-Cure Yellow Bracelet for $1.99 **
Show your support for finding cures for both AIDS & Cancer.
Get yours for just $1.99. This bracelet makes a difference.
caacYkka/Penn Media

Up here in The Great White North it gets cold in the winter. Last year the coolant pump froze in my Surface grinder (Head block Planer) This year i invented a low level heater made from 4 pieces of stove pipe , a hd bulb socket , an length of lamp iwre  with plug  and a 250 watt infa-red buld (chicken bulb).
It has been operating for two months now continuous and a slight convection current is set up as the infared bulb heats the sides of the pipe and air rises out the top elbow pulling more cold air in the "t" at the botom and heating it . There is a slight draft (and it is very slight ) but I have not sen on bit of ice in the garage since. It just takes the chill off. When I am there I turn up the main furnace for heat but when I am not I dont worry about it freezing. Costs pennies a day. and stands on the floor.
My 63 Dodge seems to like it as well.  No frost on the door handles.
Don
Author of
Return to Deutschland (True Adventure)
Old Reliable (Mopar)
http://stores.ebay.ca/Don-Dulmage-Enterprises

[AD removed for archives]
Show your pride with a free* USA T-shirt.  Click here to confirm
your address.
caac2N5f/PermissionData

----

http:///u/?.