Re: Hedman Hedders. What part number?

this might be a stupid question but, what kind of motor
mounts do you have?, the local napa has the rubber
mounts to replace bad ones 15.00 apiece, if the mount
were bad, (it will look like it has a bulge) that could
cause the steering issue.

unless i am wrong, a 383  should have more clearance
than a 440. i had my engine in and out several times
both sides went in and out easily, no dents on either
side tubes.

the headers need to go in at an almost vertical angle,
so the car has to be high enough to do that.

even when i got the tti's, which are much longer,
the instructions said to lift the
motor, but it was not necessary, they also slipped
right in, actually better than the hedmans, but i had to
lift the car about 4 feet off the ground to do it.

i had to stack blocks, then rejack the car to get the
heighti needed, not a safe thing to do, but
it worked.

be safe
tom

Colin <csingleton@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

scott, i have been through the same header thing with my 65 belv conv. i
got the shorty hedmans from mancini first. though they say they fit 62-65
bbody, they werent even close. after reading toms post i ordered the 78030
hedmans. these will fit with a few dings in the right places but they were
a bear just to get in. i had to jack up the motor about 3 inches, and even
though i have a mini starter one of the pipes is hitting it. they also
interfere with the steering linkage when turning the wheels. i have a 383
not a 440 so im wondering if this is some of the reason for the problems i
have encountered. the car originally had a poly and im really getting
frustrated with the header route. let me know if you find a solution.iginal
Message