Re: New here - 1964 Belvedere - 318 - 727

Re: New here - 1964 Belvedere - 318 - 727

[AD removed for archives]
Race to claim your complimentary Chevy collectible!
caac2NWa/PermissionData

If you are planning on continued mechanical workyou might consider
purchasing a cheap transmission jack, I bought mine through harbour freight, for  under
$50 sure makes things easier,, rental of one is another consideration, but
well worth the cost and you don't have to eat near as many Cherios
  If you did not mark the relationship of the torque converter and the  flex
plate when you removed it , do so now as to aid in instalation(there is one
offset hole)
you will notice two notches on the tube coming out of the torque converter
these have to engage on the lugs on the front pump, if you look down past the
front seal on the tranny you will see them. be sure to lube the torque
converter  where it slides into the seal. for me it easiest to stand the tranny on
end, so  as to have the weight of the converter working with me instead of
against me  while installing it on the tranny.  I have heard that you are suspose
to also apply some grease on the nub on the other side of the torque converter
 where it meets the crankshaft, I personally have never done this and nothing
has  ever failed so far.  I usually take some bailing wire and go across the
front of the torque converter to the bell mounting holes just to keep the
converter from becoming dissengaged from the pump while ligning up the tranny
with the block once I get close to being where it goes I take the wires off and
 slide ti the rest of the way on.......DO NOT USE THE MOUNTING BOLTS TO PULL
THE  TRANS TO THE ENGINE, it is ok to use them to help in allinging it but not
to  pull with, if it does not slide to geather somthing is wrong. after
bolting  down, turn the converter to line up with the flex plate .
hope this helps
                                                                        dodger

[AD removed for archives]
Like music?  Get a CD player on us. Click here.
caac2NUf/PermissionData

----

http:///u/?.