RE: Hedman Hedders vs. Summit/FlowTech Headers

RE: Hedman Hedders vs. Summit/FlowTech Headers

[AD removed for archives]
Race to claim your complimentary Chevy collectible!
caac2NWa/PermissionData

Well, here are some more questions regarding the Hedmans.

I opened an email from Summit Racing this morning & ended up looking at
their in-house brand of Mopar R/RB headers.  They only list one R/RB header
to fit various Mopars, P/N SUM-CSUM1341.  The darkish photo of the header
made me think that it is actually the Hedman 78030, so I called Summit and
talked to their tech supt.  Turns out that the Summit in-house headers are
made by FlowTech, a Holley company.  The Summit guy only knew what the
actual FlowTech blurb said - that they fit 67-74 B-bodies, in addition to
some A & E's.  So I call FlowTech and speak to their tech supt & he stated
that their P/N 13130FLT header is only stated to fit 67-74 B-bodies because
those are the only B-bodies that they have hung the headers on.  Not much
info for me to go on other than a photo of a Summit/FlowTech header that
looks & appears to spec out extremely close to the Hedman 78030, but that
the Summit header costs $90 vs. $135 for the Hedman.

http://store.summitracing.com/default.asp?target=partdetail%2Easp&part=SUM%2
DG9041&base=SUM%2DCSUM1341

http://www.holley.com/HiOctn/ProdLine/Products/ES/ESFT/FThdr.html#Dodge

http://hedman.com/pages/popular-photos/78030.tif

So I guess it comes down to this - Has anyone ever successfully used the
Summit SUM-CSUM1341/FlowTech 13130FLT headers.  Or does anyone think that it
will fit an early B-body?

I know the $45 difference is not a lot of money, but I am trying to do my
330 on a budget to get it on the road by spring.

Thanks again.

Scott