From: Albinted@xxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Trim clips '64 Fury

will  they fit on a 65?

Well, I don't know, I only tried them on the rear quarter strips for a '64.
They have rounded corners and the spring tensioner mounts in the middle. They
are 2 1/2" wide but appear that they could adjust to fit in any molding, with
 channels down the edges, down to about 1 3/4 wide. It appears they could be
ground down on the ends to fit a narrower molding. Careful with that one, the
 mounting stud is centered, grinding the ends unequally could throw the
mounting stud off center. BTW, the mounting stud is 10-24 by 3/4". They are
threaded and don't use flanged "self tapping" nuts.

I remembered the company which I assumed was the manufacturer. It is  W&E,
not M&E.  It is shown in their online catalog at page 110,  Item #161. Described
as being for Chevrolet and Buick. WARNING: my computer is a  "Hemi" at it
took forever to open the catalog, it is a very large file in Adobe  format.

These look like the ones I got from Carquest, but I notice two things.  W&E
indicates they are 15 to the box, Carquest is 18. Also, the Carquest  catalog
showed a slightly smaller version, W&E seems to show only a much  smaller
version. They may not be the same.

I checked the Carquest site, but they don't seem to have an online catalog.
Looking under other, I found:

Automotive Hardware & Hard Parts by R & B Inc.,  Dorman, Help! and Motormite.
Maybe they aren't W&E. Also said that  Carquest has 3600 stores, I didn't
know that.

Tom Faust

    *

[AD removed for archives]
** Get Your Own Support-a-Cure Yellow Bracelet for $1.99 **
Show your support for finding cures for both AIDS & Cancer.
Get yours for just $1.99. This bracelet makes a difference.
caacVlOb7yoMzf/Penn Media

----

b7yoMz.