Re: part number for 63-65 B-body station wagon sending unit

Re: part number for 63-65 B-body station wagon sending unit

[AD removed for archives]
Claim your fully stuffed Christmas Stocking now
caacVmdb7yoMza/PermissionData

For 1962-65 B body fuel gauge (sender), tank unit :

1962 - except wagon : 2575 589
1962 - wagon : 2275 588
1963 - except wagon : 2575 589
1963 - wagon : 2275 588
1964 - except wagon : 2525 661
1964 - wagon : 2275 588
1965 - except wagon : 2584 948
1965 - wagon : 2275 588

By the way, when looking at the numbers stamped on parts, those numbers are
usually the part number for that individual piece.   When looking at the
fuel gauge (sender) in the tank, note that there is a pick up tube, float,
float arm, and the 'gauge' itself, which has a housing, resistor, electrical
connector and a few other bits and pieces.  Each of these bits has a number,
while the whole assembled unit has a number - that part number you find in
the catalogue.

That "2497 578" stamped on the disc of the 1964 sender is just for that
disc.  Each of the other bits will have a part number and the total assembly
of all those bits is part number "2525 661".   When you want to find out
what is different for each of the non-wagon senders above, compare the
numbers of each individual piece.  The part number for any individual piece
will change when the piece itself changes.     Any part that is common to
more than one part will have the same part number regardless of assembled
unit.

Chrysler Parts had to keep track of what bits and pieces are being tooled
and purchased somehow.

Bill
Vancouver, BC