To: <1962to1965mopars@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Wednesday, December 01, 2004 3:24 PM
Subject: RE: Installing a '66 Belvedere 318 poly in a 63 fury

========================================================== Extra! Extra! Read all about it! Get the latest weather, sports, and lifestyle news you can't afford to miss, all at a price you can afford to pay! Click now! caaa9eYb7MlEoa/TopOffers ========================================================== If it "is" a Poly, which I am sure you can identify, it does not matter what chassis it is in, it will be a direct replacement for your Poly.....

The interesting part about this is the 66. I thought only cars from
Canada
came with Polys in 66. The US stopped using Polys in 65. This does not
preclude someone from replacing a skinny 318 with a good one.

Earl

Thats a really good question. The engine in the 66 sits farther back
than the 63, so depending on where the oil pan is in relation to the
steering linkage, would dictate weather or not the pan is different.
Perhaps someone will know for sure, but if not, I have a pan sitting on
the shelf here and could take some pics and get some dimensions off of
it. Let me know if that would help, feel free to email me of list at
ntoleranse@xxxxxxxxx

I would like to know the answer to this myself.

Doc.

BSchleic57@xxxxxxx wrote:

Group:

I have located a decent running '66 Belvedere 318 poly engine that I
would like to install in my '63 Fury (currently a 318 poly)at least
until the body work is complete.

Is it an exact replacemnt, or will I have to change the oil pan?
change
anything else?

Thanks,

Bill

----
directly to that person.  I.e., send parts/car transactions and
negotiations as well as other personal messages only to the intended
recipient, not to the Clubhouse public address. This practice will
protect your privacy, reduce the total volume of mail and fine tune the
content signal to Mopar topic.  Thanks!

----

---- Please address private mail -- mail of interest to only one person -- directly to that person. I.e., send parts/car transactions and negotiations as well as other personal messages only to the intended recipient, not to the Clubhouse public address. This practice will protect your privacy, reduce the total volume of mail and fine tune the content signal to Mopar topic. Thanks!

b7yoMz.