RE: 318 Poly manifold and carb

[AD removed for archives]
Attention Women! Win a $50,000 Ultimate Makeover! Become the
newest ?Hottie? on the block. Or use the $50,000 how you wish.
Make it yours below!
caacR6Pb7yoMza/Vente

Ken,

I am sorry, I missed it.  I get it now... Hey, I am a RB guy but I think
Polys are neat. The old dual quad manifolds are old technology, But
they are very high on the WOW scale when you open the hood. I am
thinking about running the dual quad manifold CH4 on my 440 just
for that reason. I know I can get more horsepower with a Dominator, but
what the heck, it is a street car.

I am kind of sorry I sold my Poly truck, I was looking forward to
building one.

Earl

Hi Earl,

No, I know your manifold is a stock dual plane.
What I was trying to say is that the factory dual quad is a single plane
manifold and that when I put my factory dual quad next to the Wieand
manifold I was surprised to see that they look identical right up to the
point the carbs mount.  I mean the same squared off runner area and
plenum.

Now no is saying stay away from the dual quad setup because it is a
single plane and the velocities are too low, yet it looks the same as
the Wieand.  Someone said the dual quad was 50's technology, but so is
the single four barrel and the B/RB engine!  I was just hoping there was
some hard data as to how they perform.

I know, I should just drop a 451 in it and not worry, huh?  :-)

Thanks,
Ken