Re: bottom end strength of 440

[AD removed for archives]
Claim your tickets to Universal Orlando now
caacQ4Kb7yoMza/PermissionData

there are differing opinions on this. some think that 600-650hp is no
problem. i'm of a different opinion from experience. the main caps start walking
around at 550hp. i've done pro-gram cross bolts. i think they help but a mega
block in my opinion is the right step for bottom end integrity. the pro-gram caps
have to be align bored and a cross bolt surface machined in the sides of the
main webs. the quality of machine work is important. if the center caps don't
fit snug to the block at the cross bolts you'll have to go thru some shimming
excercises to maintain crankshaft end play (crankshaft is another area of
concern for blown engines).

[AD removed for archives]
Free recipes to get you in shape
caacQ4Ob7yoMzf/PermissionData