Re: Heater box rebuild

[AD removed for archives]
Are you serious about buying a NEW car or truck soon?
Research before stepping on the car lot and save THOUSANDS!
Get NO OBLIGATION price quotes from car dealers in your area.
caacOlPb7yoMza/LeadClick

> Hi all,
 If I can't find any I guess I will
> have to
> go the route of making my own from bulk gasket material. Anybody got
> any
> tips or hints for materials?
> thanks,
> Jason

Jason,
 I found some material to use, at an auto upholstery shop. It is sold as
vinyl top padding. It's an encapsulated flexible foam, similar to
Styrofoam, and about 3/16" thick. The piece I bought was 4' wide by a
yard long, and cost $8.00.  I have used this stuff for all the foam
gaskets on a car, like the wheel cylinder to backing plate gasket, seal
around the taillight housing to body, steering column plate to floor pan,
heater box gaskets, windshield pivot gaskets. As you can see, it's pretty
versatile stuff, and  easy enough to cut to any shape. Nice to have some
around if you need it.  Tom in Dallas

[AD removed for archives]
Go on a Cruise for Free!
caacOlEb7yoMzf/PermissionData