RE: 65 Belv2 Convertible

[AD removed for archives]
Are Americans getting fat? Give us your opinion and win.
caacHM7b7yoMza/PermissionData

tduross1@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> Tom,

Easy to decode the fender tag , under the letters AB, 10 equals the 170
6 cyl, 20 the 225 6 cyl, 30 the 273 2 barrel, 31 the 273 4 barrel, 40
the 318, 50 the 361, 60 the 383 2 barrel, 61 the 383 4 barrel, 70 the
413 4 barrel, 80 the 426 1 4 barrel street wedge and last but not least
the 82 426 2 4 barrels Race Hemi.

Good Luck

PS I have a complete & running 1965 273 2 barrel & 3 speed torqueflite
if you are interested.

max Wedge Gene
> Hi folks,
>
> My new car was delivered to me today.  I met the hauler in central MA at
> rest stop on the turnpike.
> I didn't make it a mile and she quit.  Nice even idle, ran a little hot
> by
> the gauge, but every time I'd get past about 1/3 throttle; she'd bog.
> Needless to say as soon as I'd get about past a shift point, she'd
> almost
> stall and finally did.  I was stranded on the turnpike for 1 hour
> waiting for the AAA and when they finally showed, they couldn't take all
> the
> way to Boston.  I had to call another flatbed to get me all the way
> home.
> I was bummed, embarrassed and frustrated.  It's got a 273 3 speed but I
> maybe originally a 383 car, unless someone changed the hood ornament.
> Another giveaway is the V8 emblems on the fenders, only small blocks got
> those, right?  It would have a commando emblem I believe.  So maybe SB.
> It's almost for sure fuel related and I think maybe from the long haul
> from
> IL to MA maybe the carb got a little jammed, float or maybe needle.
> It's funny there was a tie rap around the accelerator pump in the front
> of
> the carburetor preventing it from going all the way down.  I cut it off
> but
> no better running.  The exhaust smelled badly, if I can say that.  More
> like
> varnish.  The car was run and driven up until I bought it so I don't
> think
> the gas has gone bad.  Any ideas?  I had it towed to my cousins and I
> plan
> to have it towed tomorrow to the carburetor shop as I have no time at
> all
> these days.  It's 4:00 PM and I just got home from what should have been
> nice top down 1 hour ride home. :(
> Anyone ever used Lukas fuel treatment?  Maybe miss-spelled.  The first
> tow
> truck driver suggested that and an entire can of carburetor cleaner down
> the
> throat while she's running.  I might try that really early tomorrow
> morning
> before work and see if it does anything.  I can leave the car at my
> cousin's
> and maybe let it run for half a day or so to get some treatment through
> the
> lines, pump and carburetor.  Any suggestions from you folks?
> She looks great; copper paint job, brown roof, two tone interior, new
> carpet
> and everything works but the radio (Tampa bound anyway).
> Thanks everyone.  Just bumming a little in Boston here, I really wanted
> take the new (hopefully) squeeze out for a spin in the cool night air
> [...]

Max Wedge Gene

[AD removed for archives]
Do you live vicariously through Reality TV? Let us know and win!
caacHM1b7yoMzf/PermissionData

----

b7yoMz.