RE: 440 Headers

[AD removed for archives]
Tired of annoying POP-Ups? Get a free Pop-up blocker here!
caacERPb7yoMza/PermissionData

Ken,

I would say if your not going to put the Edlebrock RPM on, I would pass
on the headers and do them on the next project.
If you do put the RPM on I would go ahead with the headers. I would not
get big tube headers for your combo. The max
size should be 1 7/8 I would probably use 1 3/4. With that set up the
2.5 inch exhaust would work well. The headers would add to
your mid range quite a bit with the RPM. You would notice it on the
bottom end also. I hope you milled those heads some.
If you have a stock compression 72 you will be lucky to have 8 to
one....

I have a motor like that in one of my trucks. Low compression stock 72,
but I put a Performer Eddie on it with a special
ground Racer Brown cam that is advanced 5 degrees. It is a real stump
puller for a low compression motor. I have
1 3/4 DynoMax headers on it and they work very well. (Those headers are
for truck applications only).

Earl

Hi Earl,
I am using a Comp Cams Extreme Energy XE262H cam and springs with
218/224 duration @ .050 lift.  Lift is .462 intake and .470 exhaust, 110
lobe separation angle.  Stock (for 1972) compression with a 4V Holley
and stock port matched manifold.  Dual exhaust and 3.23 8/3/4 with
SureGrip.  I also have an Eddlebrock Performer RPM manifold that I may
install (or may save for the next project).  The transmission has a
TransGo shift kit, 4.2 lever, and just slightly higher than stock stall
converter.

If I use the stock manifolds look like I will have to start off with 2"
pipe then go to 2.25" or 2.5" pipe and get the local muffler shop to do
it (about $400 they say).  If I use headers I may be able to use 2.5 all
the way and fabricate most of the exhaust myself by using the H-pipe kit
from Summit and 50-series Flowmasters.

Regards,
Ken

Ken,

What does mildly warmed over mean? That info would be helpful in
answering your question.

Earl

--

Need help/opinions on 440 headers.
I bought Hooker headers for my mildly warmed over 440 and before I

For those who have installed them, was it worth it?

Thanks,
Ken

[AD removed for archives]
Want to convert your desktop into a virtual fish tank?
Complete with multiple life-like fish 3D animations...
Download the Living Marine Aquarium Screen Saver. CLICK HERE!
caacG4Mb7yoMzf/Freeze

----

b7yoMz.