test and tune fun

[AD removed for archives]
Give your opinion on Abortion and Win!
caacERNb7yoMza/PermissionData

I finally took the coronet to the test and tune night at edgewater this friday night. 65 dodge coronet 440 with a 440 engine and 3.23"open rear i didn't do too bad, but no track records either. I only broke one thing(alternator bolt) and made it home on my own power.

First run: 16.00 @ 85.16 mph (1.157 RT) nervous and heart pumping
1,000,000 mph
2nd run: 15.21 @ 92.79 mph (.743 RT) getting a little more comfortable
3rd run: 14.043 @ 103.1 mph (red light)
took a break talked with friends
4th run: 15.809 @ 93.20mph (.674RT) slight squeel from engine
compartment
5th run: 15.712 @ 92.19mph (.654 RT) louder squeel from engine
compartment

Squeel turned out to be broken alternator bolt. I noticed before a 6th
run that it was sticking out about .5" from the bracket. It all held
together but i had to tape the bolt in to keep it from walking out into
the fan on the ride home. i ran in drive only letting the convertor
(lowstall stock 383 2barrel unit) do all the shifting. on the last 2
runs i had almost no traction on the open gears and spun tires for at
least 50 feet or more and had to let up on the gas to get traction. I
defiantly need a posi setup and sounds like a new convertor....

I highly recomend everyone go do this. the main reason is i wanted a benchmark to see if future mods have any affect, so hopefully this will be the worst times i ever get...

P.S. I went with a friend in a 91 F@rd rustang 5.0 and put him to shame...

[AD removed for archives]
Get 4 Free low-fat, low-carb recipes
caacG3rb7yoMzf/PermissionData