RE: eBay scam

[AD removed for archives]
Should School Prayer be mandatory? Give us your opinion and win.
caacDvTb7yoMza/PermissionData

I noticed a 65 hemi, I think belvedere, for $11,000 buy it now. It was a
short auction, 2 days or less. This car also was a no sell one week
before for in the $30,000's. Ebay had better get a handle on this. If
these guys weren't asking such low ball buy it nows, someone might
actually be fooled!

scott mirabella
64 fury vert
383 4speed

bill parker wrote:

> They are harvesting pics and descriptions from other auctions and other
> internet sites to make their scammer auctions look legit.  That's why
> whenever I list a car on eBay, I put in text on all the pics linking the
>
> pics to me.  I've been using my email address, although a friend who did
>
> that told me that eBay cancelled his auction because putting his email
> address on the pics was, they suspected, an "attempt to provide contact
> information outside the eBay system" and thus avoid paying selling fees.
>
> They've never done that on mine though.  I put the text on pics I send
> in
> response to requests for more or specific pics also.
>

> Bill & Kathi Parker, South Central Indiana
> '56 Chrysler Windsor; '60 Chrysler Saratoga; '62 Plymouth Max Wedge; '64
>
> Dart convertible; '65 Barracuda \6; '65 Imperial; '68 Barracuda FB
> 340-S;
> '69 Barracuda FB now 360; '72 Cuda '340
>

> >From: Brian Schlump <jsbs@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> >To: 1962to1965mopars@xxxxxxxxxx
> >Subject: eBay scam
> >Date: Sat, 25 Sep 2004 01:21:20 +0000
> >
> >[AD removed for archives]
> >Tired of annoying POP-Ups? Get a free Pop-up blocker here!
> >caacERPbWhYkEa/PermissionData
> >

> >A few days ago we had a couple of posts concerning new scams on eBay.  A
> >good example is item #2491285715.  It's a listing for a '69 Road Runner
> >with a buy it now price of $6000.  The seller is in the UK.   If you
> >read down through the listing you'll see the words Chrysler and car show
> >in green.  If you click on these it shows that the car was listed on
> >eBay on Sept. 4th and listed by a person in Texas who turned down
> >$70,350 for it.  Buy it now for $6000?  Only in your dreams!
> >Brian
> >
> >'64 Belvedere
> >Woodstock, IL.
> >
> >[AD removed for archives]
> >Click here and walk away with your free Chevy collectible.
> >caacDvMbWhYkEf/PermissionData
> >
> >----
> >Please address private mail -- mail of interest to only one person --
> >directly to that person.  I.e., send parts/car transactions and
> >negotiations as well as other personal messages only to the intended
> >recipient, not to the Clubhouse public address. This practice will
> >protect
> >your privacy, reduce the total volume of mail and fine tune the content
> >signal to Mopar topic.  Thanks!
> >
> >'62 to '65 Mopar Clubhouse Discussion Guidelines:
> >http://www.1962to1965mopar.ornocar.org/mletiq.html.

Scott Mirabella
64 fury
383 4speed
LongIsland, NY

[AD removed for archives]
Do you love your country? Get a Free USA T SHIRT click here to
receive your gift.
caacDvPb7yoMzf/PermissionData

----

b7yoMz.