Re: CC Advent - Transportation

[AD removed for archives]
Click here and walk away with your free Chevy collectible.
caacDvMb7yoMza/PermissionData

Tom,

I recently had a very good experience with:
http://www.autotransportdirect.com

Getting a quote on-line was a piece of cake.  Shipped a '71 Bronco
from Michigan to Long Island, NY door to door on an open flatbed for
$850.  Everything went smooth as silk.

- Jim

On Sun, 19 Sep 2004 09:57:20 -0400, Tom Duross <tduross1@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> [AD removed for archives]
> Sponsor a child today through Children International.
> Give a desperately poor child hope for a brighter future.
> For only $18 a month you can make a difference!
> caacBBFbNWo3ua/ChildrenInternational
>
> I'm looking at having a car transported from IL to MA right now.  I
> contemplated making the trip myself.
> The potential negatives outweighed the positives which is why I chose to
> have it transported.  Unless you have some time on your hands (retired) and
> you can take as much time as it takes to make the trip, assuming at least
> one setback along the way, take the trip and enjoy yourself.  Do you own a
> gun?  I don't mean to suggest you buy one for the trip or to scare you but I
> once broke down in Glasgow, KY on a road trip from MA and had more shady
> characters stop and talk to me, look in my car, eye my girlfriend, that I
> almost kissed the AAA guy when he got there.  And he was no better than half
> the nitwits that stopped!
>
> I've spoken to Horseless Carriage from NJ and plan to try a few more
> transport companies.  $1100 from IL to MA in a semi with enclosed box and
> hydraulics doesn't sound that bad to me.  It's a lot of money, don't get me
> wrong, but to maybe miss work for a week, god knows what kind of mechanics
> are out there and what they charge once they've got you, aftermarket parts
> for a 65 in the middle of nowhere? (another wait).  I'll keep you posted on
> who I talk to and pricing.  Anyone else out there with referrals?
>
> One last thing about transport companies.  They're bonded and insured.
> Theft, collision, damage from flying farm animals, etc., are recoverable.
>
> Plus-You could always rent an AT from UHaul for about 80 bucks a day and tow
> it.  I've done that too.
>
> Tom Duross
> Go Red Sox

> Don, if the cost is the same or close in both cases, have it trailered. My
> reasoning is as follows: If you take your wife with you, and you break down
> out in the middle of no where, then you have to be concerned for two
> people's safety. A lot of crazies out there now. If you were to do it alone,
> then it really is an adventure. Take along a tool box. You are looking at 5
> days of not working on your other vehicles.
> You could have another member of the group take a look at it, before going
> out and make sure it is road worthy? As far as the gas fumes, with as many
> old cars that you have, hell, you already beyond the part that it could
> affect your brain! LOL.
> Which ever you end up deciding to do, good luck.                  Dennis
>
> Don Hudson <mopar4me@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote: I know it's one thing to drive from
> NJ back to VA with a chase car (65 Valiant convert won on eBay), but is
> cross country in a 39 yo car that I personally can't vouch for without
> benefit of much help asking for trouble? I realize opinions are like belly
> [...]

[AD removed for archives]
Is Gay Marriage a Civil Rights Issue? Click here and win.
caacDvRb7yoMzf/PermissionData

----

b7yoMz.