RE: power brake vacuum?

[AD removed for archives]
Sponsor a child today through Children International.
Give a desperately poor child hope for a brighter future.
For only $18 a month you can make a difference!
caacvgob7yoMza/ChildrenInternational

Zack,
I put a MP purple 484 lift cam in my 440 GTX.  It held 11 inches of
vacuum at idle and the power brakes still worked fine...Brian

laborboy@xxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> What is the correct amount of vacuum needed from the intake or carb to
> operate a power brake booster?
>
> I am currently getting 15 inches after a rebuild of my 383. The cam is
> slightly hotter (Roadrunner style cam). My brake booster worked fine
> before the rebuild, and I am getting steady vacuum. Perhaps I lost some
> vacuum? THe booster is old, and may need replacement, but it worked nine
>
> months ago!
>
> Zack
> 64 Dodge

'64 Belvedere
Woodstock, IL.

[AD removed for archives]
Stories from the Civil Rights Movement. Extraordinary stories,
ordinary people. Share your memories today!
caacvglb7yoMzf/AARP

----

b7yoMz.