>From your discription it sounds more like a $3500  to $4000 car.  I am
putting my 64 sport fury up for sale that is an all original car and usually
gets 90 to 95 points , out of 100 at the plymouth shows. if I don't sell it
to some one I know its going to scottsdale auction in the winter.  I'm
asking 23k for it and its  all done  and in A number 1 shape. its a 383 4bbl
4spd. the last one sold at scottsdale in the winter for 28k and it was a
number 2 car  Dave O

-----Original Message-----
From: RCoronetfreak@xxxxxxx [mailto:RCoronetfreak@xxxxxxx]
Sent: Sunday, August 15, 2004 12:56 PM
To: 1962to1965mopars@xxxxxxxxxx
Subject: '64 Sport Fury for sale...

[AD removed for archives]
Shop online for Discount Auto Parts: Mirrors Headlights Tail
Lights Bumpers Fenders Window Regulators Spoilers Altezza Lights
and a Full Line of Auto Body Parts. www.partstrain.com
caacxygbV82soa/Parts Train

Group,
    First sorry for the long post.  I just went to look at a '64 Sport Fury
yesterday.  The car was nice for a driver.  The man had it for 25 years and
has
been offered (supposedly) good money for it.  A nice guy but...  He liked my
black Fury and said I could part it out for more than I had in it.  Part it
out???  Hell it is not far from a show car and traveled to Carlisle from
North
Carolina and back with no problems!  Let me tell the condition then the
price.
    The paint is shiny older but bondo work is cracked on drivers quarter.
Rust is starting in pass door and pass quarter.  Passenger door was red, saw
under chips in paint.  The original 383 4 barrel was removed and a 361 2
barrel
put in, guy still has the 383.  The engine compartment is dirty and the A/C
needs to be charged.  I thought the vacuum opporated heater control and red
hoses was a nice touch, "laugh".  Rusty Moroso valvecovers also add to it.
It is
a black with black interior four speed A/C car...strange aint it?  The
interior, original seats...original out of a '65 Satelite. Has a white
headliner?
Drivers door panel is recovered in plain black vinyl.   25 year old Dunlop
GT
Qualifiers on chrome road wheels make a nice appearance.  It basically is in
need of a complete restoration or just drive the wheels off after putting
new
tires on it.  Well, the asking price...try $16,000!  The guy wants to sell
finance the build up on his '70 Superbee.  I know my old Mopars and this car
looked like a $4500 to at best $6000 car.  Am I just out of touch with the
prices
on 4 speed Sport Furys or what?  He said a friend of his offered $18,000 for
it?????  Someone please tell me that I AINT NUTS and he must be.  I have
talked
to my father, who wanted it for a driver, and a friend with a nice '68
Coronet R/T and they agree $5000 at most!
Rick Rice
Maybe the 4door I saw on the way is better!
PS.  On a funny note is that a '66 Polara I looked at, for my sisters
boyfriend, around the corner from him is going for $4000.  Needs a ton and
this guy
said, "You can get it for $2000.  He asked me if I was interested and I told
him I wouldn't give him $1500 for it."  Like he thought the kid needed a
reality
check...hmmmm.

[AD removed for archives]
Sponsor a child today through Children International.
Give a desperately poor child hope for a brighter future.
For only $18 a month you can make a difference!
caacvgobV82sof/ChildrenInternational

----
topic.  Thanks!

[AD removed for archives]
RE-GROW YOUR HAIR STARTING NOW.....Click here for more info!
caacxydb7yoMzf/Medical Hair Restoration

----

b7yoMz.