Re: Fuel lines, etc...

Graduate in less than 13 months with AIU?s Online virtual
campus. Classrooms and student service as close as your
computer. Highly accredited, study anytime ? anywhere.
caaccM2b7yoMza/ AIU

> Is anyone running any of the "braided steel" type fuel lines from
> pump to carb?  The ones that use the "AN" fittings.  I've never used
> that sort of fuel setup before and am wondering what the advantages
> are (if there are any at all)?
>
> Thanks!
> Andy
Andy,
 If you are needing to make a new fuel line for your engine, a less
expensive alternative is to use 5/16" tubing from the parts store. You
can just about guess at the length with a tape measure, and bend to fit.
Just buy two pieces of the 5/16" brake line, close to what you need. The
brake line has double flared ends, which should fit your carb and seal
just like factory. Two lines are because the first one never looks just
right, and the second one can be bent exactly like the first one ends up
being, minus the mistakes. Also, 3/8" brake lines can be used as splices
for the smaller size. The 5/16" will slide into the 3/8" and you can
sweat solder them together. If the carb needs the 3/8" fitting, you can
use a short piece out of the carb, then continue with the 5/16".  As a
safety note, I have used silver bearing solder for the strength, but is
probably not necessary. Also, you're better off using a metal fuel
filter, in-line under the hood, than a plastic or glass one. With a
little practice, bending tubing is easy, looks better, and safer than
rubber line. Makes reworking those transmission lines a breeze.  Tom in
Dallas

Give Your Team Access to Their PCs from Anywhere. Increase
productivity with a secure remote-access solution from
GoToMyPC Pro. Stay in touch with your office. FREE TRIAL:
caaccMVb7yoMzf/ ExpertCity

----

b7yoMz.