From: Brian Schlump <jsbs@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: 1962to1965mopars@xxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Carb questions
Date: Sun, 16 May 2004 01:23:02 +0000

Empower your Team with Remote Access. GoToMyPC Pro
provides your organization with instant remote access to
email,files, applications and network resources in real
time. FREE TRIAL:
caaccMSbV7tWJa/ ExpertCity

I've got the Carter AFB carbs back on the Max Wedge and I'm happy to
report that they no longer leak after the engine is shut off.  I
syncronized them at 2,000 rpm than adjusted the idle speed screws to
idle at 1,000.   It idles fine and has plenty of power, and I can even
cruise in town in 4th gear at 1200 rpm without the engine bucking.  (I
couldn't do that with my 413 & 750 Edelbrock). I'm having just one
problem.  When I put in the clutch at a stop light, the engine wants to
run at 1500 to 1700 rpm.  The linkage isn't sticking, and each carb has
a throttle return spring.  The pump adjustment is in the 3rd hole on the
rod, per the specs.   It's almost like the engine is getting gas through
the metering rods.  If I let out on the clutch and apply a load then
push it back in, the engine idles normally at 1000.

Edelbrock carbs have an orange step up spring for the metering rods
calibrated for 5 inches of vacuum.  They have a strip kit with several
spring options.  If this was an Edelbrock card, I'd try a 4 or 3 inch of
vacuum spring.  Does anyone know the rating for a factory step up spring
in a Carter AFB?  Also... does anyone know whether the step up springs
from an Edelbrock carb will fit a Carter?  If I remember correctly, the
metering jets are different, but I've never compared the step up
springs...Brian

'64 Belvedere
Woodstock, IL.

Buy Stocks and Index Funds for just $4 No Account or
Investment Minimums and No Inactivity Fees Automatically
invest weekly or monthly and build your future.
caaccMMbV7tWJf/ Sharebuilder

----

Empower your Team with Remote Access. GoToMyPC Pro provides your organization with instant remote access to email,files, applications and network resources in real time. FREE TRIAL:
caaccMSb7yoMzf/ ExpertCity

----

b7yoMz.