Re: Once again, with feeling: Whats an RB engine weigh?

Re: Once again, with feeling: Whats an RB engine weigh?

Empower your Team with Remote Access. GoToMyPC Pro
provides your organization with instant remote access to
email,files, applications and network resources in real
time. FREE TRIAL:
caaccMSb7yoMza/ ExpertCity

Probably in the 700 lb range. There is a publication out there that gives
the approx. weights of American Engines, but I dont remember what it is
right now. Keep in mind that there are lots of variables also. With or
without exhaust manifolds, cast iron or aluminum intake, with or without
carb, pulleys, etc. Also, you will be putting a lot of extra strain on a
stand while working on an engine. Torqueing head bolts, twisting cranks
while dismantleing, etc. I have a homemade one that is much heavier than a
store bought one, and a fully dressed 440 still makes me nervous. I vote for
the 1000 lb.model!
Lee Sumpter

64 Fury
67 Coronet R/T